When Your Lawyer Has Failed You,We’re Here To Help
A History Of Success For Clients
Selected Settlements 2017
- $1.6 Million | Four bright, young middle-school-aged children were attending a Christmas program held by an after-school youth educational program when the youth leaders ran out of seats in the passenger vans used to transport their children. Our clients were instructed to get a ride home with another youth attending the program. Unknown to our clients, this youth was in possession of a stolen motor vehicle. On their way home, a police officer began a hot pursuit of the youth, in violation of the Standard Operating Procedures for the police department. The police chase led to the youth losing control of his car and crashing into a tree. All four clients were killed. Read Story
- $600,000 | Our client suffered a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI or TBI) from an automobile crash.
- $275,000 | Our client suffered an aneurysm that was not promptly diagnosed and treated.
- $150,000 | Our client received liability policy limits and her own Underinsured Motorist (UIM) policy limits after sustaining a Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI or TBI) in an automobile collision.
Selected Settlements 2016
- $1 Million | Retired military veteran suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is admitted to the VA hospital with a panic/anxiety episode due to the VA’s delay in prescribing anxiety medication. While in observation, the client harmed himself resulting in total blindness.
- $800,000 | Our client was an elderly gentleman who developed a bedsore (pressure ulcer) while in a nursing home. He ultimately died as a result of his injuries.
- $600,000 | Our client was a 20-year-old passenger in a single vehicle crash caused by the driver of the vehicle, resulting in compression fractures of the spine an Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI or TBI).
- $200,000 | Our client was an adopted female infant whose parents adopted two other female children. Later client’s parents adopted two teenage boys who were said by the county adoption agency to have no history of childhood sexual abuse or history of having perpetrated acts of sexual abuse in their former foster homes, but the agency lied about the male adoptees’ past history. The adopted male children were known to the adoption agency as having been both sexual abuse victims and perpetrators. As a result, our client was abused throughout her childhood by the adopted brothers. This settlement represents the maximum amount the government agency is authorized to pay under the law.
- $165,000 | Our client was injured when falling from her wheelchair shortly after a physical therapist made adjustments to the chair that changed the center of gravity.
- $155,000.00 | Our client suffered a shoulder injury during a motor vehicle collision.
Additional Selected verdicts and settlements from 2015 and earlier
- $2.5 Million Verdict against the leader of the Imperial Klans of America and other Klan members William F. McMurry served as co-counsel with Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center in representing a 16-year-old Native American who was beaten by a group of Klan members engaged in recruitment activities at the Meade County Fair in Brandenburg, Kentucky.
- $2.250 Million Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death Arising out of the death of a 33-year-old woman hospitalized for constipation.
- $2.05 Million Medical Malpractice/Products Liability Settlement Arising out of an injury caused by an allegedly defective medical device product.
- $16 Million Legal Malpractice/Living Trust Scam Settlement Arising out of a nationwide scam where over 15,000 elderly class members fell victim to lawyers involved in a living trust and life insurance scam. This is the only nationwide class action ever certified by a circuit court in Kentucky.
- $950,000 Legal Malpractice Settlement Arising out of negligent handling of a client’s medical malpractice claim. Case was settled during trial.
- $2.1 Million Medical Malpractice Verdict Arising out of failure of Lourdes Hospital, Paducah, KY, to promptly diagnose and treat a 39- year-old suffering an acute stroke.
Learn about the firm’s history of finding justice for those who were abused by the clergy.
*There is no guarantee of recovery in any case because each case has its own specific factual and legal circumstances. Each of the cases presented were resolved as a result of their specific factual and legal circumstances. Attorney fees and case preparation expenses were deducted from each recovery, thereby reducing the amount actually received by the client.